World Series 2019: Betting Lines and Latest Odds

The Houston Astros remain the bookmakers' favorites to win a second World Series title in three seasons.

On Sunday night, the Astros tied the American League Championship Series with the New York Yankees at 1-1, as Carlos Correa homered J.A. Happ's first pitch of the 11th inning to give his team a much-needed 3-2 win.

After a season marred by injuries, Correa's return in the postseason could be crucial for Houston.

"Going into that last inning, I thought, 'I got this,'" the Puerto Rican was quoted as saying by ESPN. "I felt like I got this. And I had the right approach against [Happ]. I've been successful against him going the other way. And that's what I tried to do. I saw a good pitch down the middle, and I drove the other way."

According to BetOnline, the Astros are 13/10 favorites to win the World Series for the second time in three seasons, while the Yankees are 5/2 to win the title for the first time since 2009.

FiveThirtyEight projections, however, give New York a slight edge, with the Yankees' chance of lifting the Commissioner's Trophy at 32 percent to Houston's 30 percent.

The Yankees' chances to reach the World Series, meanwhile, stand at 52 percent to the Astros' 48.

There's little to choose between the two American League giants, who both have won over 100 games this season.

Houston won an MLB—best 107 games this season, breaching the 100-win threshold for the third consecutive season, while the Yankees won 103—passing the 100-win mark for the second consecutive campaign.

Carlos Correa, Houston Astros
Carlos Correa #1 of the Houston Astros celebrates hitting a walk-off solo home run during the eleventh inning against the New York Yankees to win game two of the American League Championship Series 3-2 at Minute Maid Park on October 13 in Houston, Texas. Bob Levey/Getty

In Justin Verlander, Gerrit Cole and Zack Greinke, the Astros have arguably the most dominant starting pitchers in the majors.

The Astros went 58-19 in games started by the trio this season, a winning percentage of .753.

To put the figure into context, over the course of a season that pace would have seen Houston finish with a record of 122-40.

Meanwhile the Yankees' bullpen is arguably the best in the entire league and their batting line-up crushed 306 home runs this season, just one fewer than the league—high 307 set by the Twins.

At 4/1, the Washington Nationals are third-favorite to win the World Series, followed by the St. Louis Cardinals at 5/1.

After pulling off the upset of the postseason so far by defeating the Los Angeles Dodgers 3-2 in the National League Division Series, Washington leads the Championship Series 2-0 over the Cardinals after winning both games in St. Louis.

On Friday, the Nationals took Game 1 2-0, before making it back-to-back wins with a 3-1 win a day later.

Up until they defeated the Dodgers, the Nationals had never won a postseason since they relocated from Montreal in 2005 and are now two games away from a first ever World Series appearance.

Washington has scored the second-most runs in the National League this season and arrived into the playoff in red-hot form after going 74-38 since May 23.

The Nationals ranked second in on-base percentage and steals and third on average, while Anthony Rendon and Juan Soto provide a power-hitting threat and the loss of Bryce Harper to the Philadelphia Phillies is nothing but a long-distant memory.

According to FiveThirtyEight, Washington has an 86 percent chance to reach the World Series, while the Cardinals' chances have fallen to 14 percent.

At 34 percent, the Nationals have the highest chance of winning the World Series of any of the four teams in the Championship Series.

World Series 2019: Betting Lines and Latest Odds | Sports